While I've participated in several boxed sets, I've never had the pleasure of assembling one myself. I probably shouldn't have made that my first task when I got the edits back for Horrified, but considering it does need to be assembled prior to loading it into the magical book making program (Vellum, for those of you who are curious), I decided to tackle that task first.
The main concern I had was ensuring the reader was aware they were reading the next story in the collection, and not the background story running through the set. Therefore, I decided to use the covers that were originally attached to each story as the indicator of the next tale. I'm curious to see how this will look in paperback, as that will be printed in black and white, not the beautiful, bright colors on the covers.
I also fiddled with the chapter headings, changing them several times before deciding that each introduction section would also have chapter numbers. I must admit, I am in love with this cover, it fits more perfectly than I could have imagined. It just gives me the creeps.